Updated on August 15, 2023
The Arizona roommate agreement is a legal document that outlines the terms and conditions of shared living arrangements between multiple tenants, referred to as “Roommates“. This agreement is particularly useful when multiple individuals share a rental property, as it clearly defines each roommate’s responsibilities and expectations, helping to prevent potential disputes.
Rent and Utilities
Living Arrangements and Responsibilities
Damage and Legal Provisions
Overview of this Lease
- Parties Involved (Page 1): The agreement identifies the roommates involved in the agreement, along with their respective addresses.
- Property Description (Page 1): The agreement provides a detailed description of the property being shared.
- Lease Term (Page 1): The agreement specifies the duration of the lease, including the start and end dates.
- Rent (Page 1): The agreement outlines the total monthly rent and the share of each roommate.
- Utilities (Page 1): The agreement outlines the utilities that are not included in the rent and are to be shared equally among the roommates.
- Cleaning (Page 2): The agreement outlines the cleaning responsibilities of each roommate.
- Overnight Guests (Page 2): The agreement specifies the rules regarding overnight guests.
- Quiet Hours (Page 2): The agreement specifies the quiet hours, if any, agreed upon by the roommates.
- Firearms (Page 2): The agreement specifies whether firearms are permitted on the premises.
- Pets (Page 3): The agreement specifies whether pets are allowed on the premises and the responsibilities of the pet owner.
- Smoking (Page 3): The agreement specifies the rules regarding smoking on the premises.
- Damages (Page 3): The agreement outlines the responsibilities of each roommate regarding any damages to the premises.
- Governing Law (Page 3): The agreement specifies that it is governed by the laws of the State of Arizona.
- Written Agreement (Page 3): The agreement specifies that any changes to the agreement must be in writing and mutually agreed upon.
- Signatures (Page 3): The agreement requires the signatures of all the roommates, indicating their acceptance of the terms and conditions of the agreement.